Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

IndiceUltime immaginiRegistratiAccedi
Argomenti simili

Xpose Magazine: Lucy Lawless, way of the warrior

Andare in basso 
AutoreMessaggio
Ospite
Ospite

Xpose Magazine: Lucy Lawless, way of the warrior Empty
MessaggioTitolo: Xpose Magazine: Lucy Lawless, way of the warrior   Xpose Magazine: Lucy Lawless, way of the warrior Orolog10Dom Ott 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Oltre ad una biografia di Lucy questo articolo ha un'interessante sguardo ai pensieri di Lucy durante la quarta stagione che riguardano la fama e il fatto che era qualcosa che non voleva. Lucy dice che ha avuto una specie di crisi di fede durante la quarta stagione di Xena, ed era in dubbio se continuare o meno ad essere un'attrice oppure dedicarsi alle persone che amava:

http://articles.xwponline.net/xpose/xpose33_lucyl.php

Alcune citazioni:

Citazione :
"Discipline, I guess. I don't think of Xena as a character. See, when you say Xena to me, well, she's part of me but she's not all there is. I think she's certainly rooted in truth, and she's who I would be if I grew up in that situation."
Citazione :

"I'm not! Why am I not? Because that's a state of mind. I won't buckle into that one. Besides, Xena offers me a lot of scope. I get to play slapstick and I get to do musicals for goodness' sake and play a lot of different characters. Plus, there are no other roles out there with this much complexity. As one guy said, 'It's a smart show that pretends that it isn't.' And it is."

Citazione :

"It has actually," she says in her distinct New Zealand accent when addressing an inquiry as to how she looks upon her career. "I don't know if that's because I got married. I turned 30 at the same time. I'm actually, since you asked, kind of at a crossroads in my life.

"I'm sure others have been through this where you say, 'I aimed for this [success and stardom]. What now?' That fame doesn't fill you up! Even money doesn't fill you up. I can have clothes. I have the man of my dreams, a happy, healthy daughter, the job of my dreams. Why am I not blissfully happy?"

Citazione :
"I think it's because that is not life's intention," she says matter-of-factly. "So I've been soul searching since my birthday and since I got married. And in one of my darker moments I was given some tapes from a self-help guru, an American guy, Tony Robbins. You know, the big guy with the teeth? I swear to God he changed my life.

"I've realized that we are all a collection of atoms, and who we are is actually immaterial. Our spirits, our souls are immaterial. So what's the bloody point if we're just atoms and we're going to blow out of here into the cosmos!

"But then I realized that in giving our talent or receiving somebody else's, since I'm not a doctor and can't save anybody's life, all I can do is this thing called entertainment. In giving my talent and in receiving other people's God kind of grows bigger. The cosmos grows bigger!

"So I know to try and do something good with this fame phenomenon which is a happy by-product of what I do but it's certainly not the end product. It's not the final reward. A lot of famous people come and go, and I intend to enjoy this journey through my life. I don't know what it'll bring."

"A great reduction instress," she says candidly. "If I'm not making a deadline, if I don't have the right shoes to wear, these things are not important. If I have to go back across town and miss a cool party because I want to pick up my husband to go to something else later, well, that's what's important.

"It's being with your loved ones. That's vital and not cool parties and it means that I'm a much happier person. I'm still waiting for epiphany. I'm still waiting for my last purpose to drop out of the sky, but in the meantime I'm doing this. But I'm a whole lot happier doing it."

"Perhaps that will be life's lesson for me. I thought of that last night. Perhaps I'm going to be forced to possibly choose between: Do I want this marvelous bauble of fame and fortune, or am I going to choose home and family?"
Torna in alto Andare in basso

Xpose Magazine: Lucy Lawless, way of the warrior
Pagina 1 di 1
 Argomenti simili
-
» Starlog magazine: Xena Warrior Princess(intervista a Lucy Lawless)
» A Day Out With | Lucy Lawless The Happy Warrior
» Lucy Lawless Warrior Women Doco in New Zealand 26 August 2010