Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

IndiceUltime immaginiRegistratiAccedi

Book Review: Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas(menziona Xena e Buffy)

Andare in basso 
AutoreMessaggio
Ospite
Ospite

Book Review: Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas(menziona Xena e Buffy) Empty
MessaggioTitolo: Book Review: Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas(menziona Xena e Buffy)   Book Review: Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas(menziona Xena e Buffy) Orolog10Mar Mar 16, 2010 11:10 am

Un articolo sul femminismo in TV.
Fa una bella menzione dei due show diventati il culto del Femminismo: Xena e Buffy

http://www.vivalafeminista.com/2010/03/book-review-enlightened-sexism-by-susan.html

La parte che ci riguarda:

Citazione :
....And that brings me back to my gals Xena and Buffy. While I usually credit Bob Fertik as bringing me into the wonderful world of the internet with politics, it was Xena who kept me coming back day after day reading my emails, debating the feminist theory behind a busty woman kicking men's asses week after week. Yes, Lucy Lawless was beautiful...and still is. Sarah Michelle Gellar as well. But the reason so many women, myself in the front of that pack, loved Xena and Buffy so much was that we were finally kicking some ass.Yes, the weight of their roles in the world weighed on them, but isn't that what we want from our leaders? A flip leader cavalier about their role in our lives leads to arrogance - see USA 2001 - 2008.

We saw how Xena & Buffy spreads their power among the women in their lives. From Minya in A Day in the Life and Gabrielle, Xena attempts to empower women she encounters. Oh, there are flaws all right, but what hero doesn't have a flaw? And let's not forget the most feminist 15 minutes of TV history during Buffy's finale? Dear gawd, I'm crying just thinking about it.

While we know in our heart of hearts that Xena & Buffy don't really exist, we need those images to get us thru our lives, to take over our bodies when we are faced with danger and especially when we are making amends for past sins.
Torna in alto Andare in basso

Book Review: Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas(menziona Xena e Buffy)
Pagina 1 di 1
 Argomenti simili
-
» Aurora Live Journal(Review su Xena, Buffy ecc)
»  Burn Notice – Episode 4-5 Review (menziona Lucy)
» Articolo che menziona Xena