Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

IndiceUltime immaginiRegistratiAccedi

"Merlin" is Back, Hoyay Intact (More or Less)Menzionano Xena e il subtext

Andare in basso 
AutoreMessaggio
Ospite
Ospite

"Merlin" is Back, Hoyay Intact (More or Less)Menzionano Xena e il subtext Empty
MessaggioTitolo: "Merlin" is Back, Hoyay Intact (More or Less)Menzionano Xena e il subtext   "Merlin" is Back, Hoyay Intact (More or Less)Menzionano Xena e il subtext Orolog10Sab Apr 03, 2010 9:45 am

Questo articolo su AfterElton parla di Merlin, la serie televisiva prodotta in UK, dove all'inizio si parlava di un possibile subtext tra Merlino e Arthur, e che come dice Brent su After Elton, sinceramente non ha mai visto, diversamente da Xena dove invece il subtext era molto chiaro:

Citazione :
So last year, the internet was all abuzz about this UK show Merlin, a Smallville-like retelling of the "early years" of King Arthur and Camelot, and how there was all this incredible "hoyay," or gay subtext, between young Merlin and young Arthur.

Frankly, I never really saw it.

bookuparrow3I mean, sure, there were two attractive young male leads who shared this bond of both emotion and destiny. But it seemed to me that the show mostly played it, um, straight, and the vaunted gay subtext was mostly in the eyes of the beholders (unlike, say, Xena: Warrior Princess, a show were the producers were clearly in on the joke).

But either way, the show was still pretty good. And did I mention the two hot young leads?

In the U.S., the first season of the show ran last summer on NBC. The ratings were less than magical, however, and it's since been relegated to SyFy, where the second season premieres this Friday.

The good news? Bradley James, who plays Arthur, has clearly been working out.

The better news is that at least the first episode (the only one made available for preview) is more the same campy mix of humor and angst that made season one so watchable.

And, should you choose to see it, I suppose there's plenty of gay subtext there too.

Some pics from the season premiere.

http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2010/3/merlin-back-with-hoyay
Torna in alto Andare in basso

"Merlin" is Back, Hoyay Intact (More or Less)Menzionano Xena e il subtext
Pagina 1 di 1
 Argomenti simili
-
» Sondaggio Subtext/Maintext: qual'è la stagione di Xena che vi piace di più in termini di Subtext?
» Rivista Ufficiale di Xena: Are they or aren't they?(Il subtext in Xena)
» Differenze tra "Xena" e "Hercules/Young Hercules"!